Course Duration: 12 hours tuition
- Adults, Children and Babies
Recognition and Management of:
- Mild and severe airway obstruction
- Blood Loss and Shock – minor and major and types of wounds
- Burns and scalds including electric shock
- Fractures, sprains, strains, and dislocation, including management of spinal injury
- Head Injuries, including concussion, skull fracture and compression
- Chronic and sudden illness including asthma, diabetes, sickle cell, epilepsy, febrile convulsions, anaphylaxis, poisoning, meningitis
- Extremes of temperature – hypothermia, heat exhaustion, heatstroke
- Minor illness such as headache, stomach ache, diarrhoea and vomiting, conjunctivitis etc
Each candidate will receive a folder containing a first aid manual, a resuscitation shield, notebook and pen and other relevant handouts.
Certification is for 3 years and on expiry the full course should be attended again.
On successful completion of the course 2 certificates will be awarded, one A4 display certificate and one wallet size certificate.